Having the right insurance coverage is important and we understand that everyone wants to get good value for their money. Below are some discounts that can help to ensure you are getting the most out of your insurance dollar.
- Multi Policy
- This is the biggest discount that most carriers offer. Combining your auto and home or renter’s insurance with one carrier can make a noticeable difference to your premium.
- Paperless Policy
- If you hate getting mail, this is the discount for you! Sign up to receive your policy documents via email instead of postal mail, and you could get a discount.
- Are you a good driver? If you let your carrier monitor your driving habits, you could earn a nice discount. Monitoring is via either a device that plugs into your car or a SmartPhone app. Carriers typically check to see if you accelerate quickly, brake suddenly, or drive in the early AM hours. If those situations don’t appy to you, a lower auto insurance rate could be within reach.
- Defensive Driver
- If you are over 55, you can earn a discount by completing a defensive driver course and providing your agent a copy of your certificate of completion. This 5% discount is good for three years before it needs to be renewed.
- Paid In Full
- Some carriers offer a discount if you pay your full premium. If you are able to pay in full, it could save you versus making monthly payments.
- Automatic Payments
- If paying your full premium isn’t an option for you, consider automatic payments. Most carriers offer a discount if you have your payments automatically deducted from a checking account or charged to a bank card.
- Good Student Discount
- Adding a teen driver to an auto policy is a great time to look for discounts! One way to lower the cost of a young driver is a good student discount. Most carriers require a student to have a B average or above to qualify for this discount, which has to be verified periodically by providing your agent a copy of the student’s report card.
The availability and size of discounts can vary by carrier and type of policy. Let’s Talk to make sure you are taking advantage of all the discounts for which you are eligible.