Homeownership is one of life’s greatest accomplishments, but also a continuous process of upkeep. As the leaves begin to change and the weather turns cooler you should start thinking of preparing your home for the upcoming seasons. We have compiled a list of items to check off to make sure your home is safe and cozy.
11 Tips to Prepare Your Home for the Season
- Clean your registers.
- Check your air filters. Dirty furnace & air conditioning filters can cause several problems with your HVAC system, including poor efficiency.
- Address any insulation needs and seal air leaks.
- Clean up your outdoor A/C unit.
- Check on your smoke alarms and carbon monoxide detectors.
- Move any combustible materials away from your furnace.
- Clean out your clothes dryer vent.
- Ready your fireplace and chimney.
- Ensure your furnace vent is clear of landscaping and debris.
- Turn on your furnace and listen for any unusual noises.
- Schedule a maintenance checkup with a qualified HAVC Contractor